There are currently 27 antidepressant drugs licensed in the UK. (These are listed alphabetically to the left of this screen).
Some of these drugs have more than one name. You might know a drug by its generic name, or you might know it by a trade name (see our page about drug names for more information on this).
The table below lists all the possible names you might know an antidepressant by, including both generic and trade names, and directs you to our page of detailed information about that drug.
Where can I find more information about medication?
- For information on what antidepressants are, what to know before taking them, and general information on side effects, withdrawal and alternative treatments, see our main pages on antidepressants.
- To compare antidepressants by type, form, half-life or dietary considerations, see our page on comparing antidepressants.
- For general information about all psychiatric drugs, including information about coming off medication safely, see our pages about all psychiatric medication.
- For a list of all psychiatric drugs, see our psychiatric medication A-Z.
- For information about street drugs and mental health, see our pages on the mental health effects of street drugs.
This information was published in 2016. We will revise it in 2018.